Makeup for summer brides can be challenging . An outdoor ceremony risks a makeup meltdown during this time of year. Ayesha Wadiwala, Celebrity and Bridal Makeup Artist, shares the fail proof ways to beat the heat!
- Primer- Use moisturizer only if necessary. Instead ,use an oil-free primer designed to absorb excess moisture before applying makeup. Two that I personally like are Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Urban decay Professional. When you blend your foundation on top of the primer it glides easily and stays smooth for much longer, even when you sweat
- Foundation - Chose an oil free foundation matching your skin tone. These days Gel-based and water based foundations are easily available in all the top makeup brands.
- Powder.-Make sure to set your makeup base with oil absorbing translucent powder. This will make ur foundation base stay longer and control excess sweating. I recommend Ben-nye powders and Mac prep and prime powder for the same.
- Eyes-Waterproof your eyes. I suggest wearing an eye primer (benefit, urban decay) under the eye shadow for making it last longer. Then use a gel eye liner (Bobbi Brown or Maybelline) and a waterproof mascara.
- Cheeks -Go easy on bronzers. Summer is all about bronzed skin, but let the summer sun provide the sheen. . Stay away from liquid or cream bronzers, as they will not hold up in the heat; instead use powder bronzers. Body shop makes great ones. Use a powder blush on the apples of ur cheek in shades of peach and coral.
- Lips -Since It’s easier to touch-up lip color than a dramatic smoky eye,Try a bright pink, orange, or red statement lip while keeping eye makeup light, fresh, and classic .Long lasting matte lipstick by lakme absolute and mac are good and give a velvette finish .
- Makeup fixer - Finally, Spray a make-up fixer to lock the makeup in place .These sprays are designed to help offset the effects of heat and humidity. Make Up For Ever Mist & Mac Fix plus are my favourites!!
- Touch –Up kit -Don’t leave home without a touch-up kit. Blotting papers will help u remove excess oil without wiping off the makeup. Carry a few Q-tips to clean the under eyes (in case you cry or if ur under eyes get oily!) and have your lip color ready to reapply after drinks and dinner.
Photo Credits - Camera Crew
or to comment.